Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I want to be one of them

I thought these excerpts from Sara Groves' song "When the Saints" are pretty much incredible.


When I'm weary and overrun with so many battles left unfought,


I think of Paul and Silas in the prison yard
I hear their song of freedom rising to the stars

I see the shepherd Moses in the Pharaoh's court
I hear his call for freedom for the people of the Lord

I see the long quiet walk along the underground railroad
I see the slave awakening to the value of her soul

I see the young missionary and the angry spear
I see his family returning with no trace of fear

I see the long hard shadows of Calcutta nights
I see the sister standing by the dying man's side

I see the young girl huddled on the brothel floor
I see the man with a passion come kicking down that door

I see the Man of Sorrow and his long troubled road
I see the world on His shoulders and my easy load


When the Saints go marching in, I want to be one of them

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I have never heard this song, but it's very moving. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete